Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Book Club (or and excuse to drink a little wine)

So I am a Nerd. I figured that all of my friends like to read and that this would be a fun thing to do. I have no idea as to how we should go about this, so like anyother American I Googled it. So women all over the world have book clubs and read all types of books or series. I thought why not add wine. So here is my idea so far. We read 1 book a month. Meet 2 times in that Month. One in the middle and one at the end. Just so we can talk about the book half way through it and then at the end. We can Meet at a different persons place each time, Or at my apartment either way. Food must be brought and Wine must be drank at all meetings... because seriously it is what we all do best!

Now i dont think we should read a book this month rather we should figure out what we want to read. Here are some Ideas via google:

-Each of us pick a book that we want the group to read

- We use this list I found on the internet... which has like 50 books that all look pretty good.

- We read one particular author like Nicholas Sparks, Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, Sophie Kinsella... or anyother we can think of.

It all just depends on what we are feeling like. So here's the thing... do a little research and write a little something. Then we can descide on a time and place to meet to to make all the plans.

And... IF... big IF.... If you don't wanna do this. I will not hate you... But I might not call you for a couple of days. Sooo... weigh your options.

Love you Ladies!

Christine

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea Christine!! I am so game! I will offer up my house to meet at sometimes. I think we need to decide when and where to meet for the first time and lets get the show on the road!!

    Love you Christine and Love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    Great idea, Christine! Hopefully, we will all find a way to meet every month. So here are some books that I researched that were voted "best novels for women in their 20's".

    Here they are:
    -Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
    -She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
    -A Promising Man (And About Time, Too) by Liz Young
    -To Have and to Hold by Jane Green
    -Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
    -The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
    -If I'd Known Then: Women in their 20s and 30s Write Letters to Their Younger Selves by Ellyn Spragins

    So here is my list. Let me know what you think. Almost all of these books can by found on Amazon for cheap if you buy it used.
    Love it! Can't wait to start!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete